To ensure the comfort and enjoyment for all, persons riding on the Melbourne Star do so subject to the following flight rules:
- You accept that all amusement parks and rides have some level of risk
and that you must always exercise good judgement and act in a sensible and responsible manner.
- You must comply with all Melbourne Star staff instructions, rules, directions and safety requirements.
- Children 11 years and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Premises and Cabins are monitored by CCTV.
- Offensive, irresponsible, anti-social or unsafe behaviour, theft or vandalism will not be tolerated.
- Persons affected by alcohol or drugs will not be permitted. Persons showing signs of inebriation will be removed from Premises.
- Appropriate clothing and footwear must be worn at all times.
- Only food and drinks purchased at the Melbourne Star café will be permitted. Your own food or alcoholic beverages will not be allowed on the Premises.
- Do not be alarmed if the wheel stops from time to time – it is a normal part of the Wheel’s operation.
- Flight duration is approximately 30 minutes. There are no toilet or washroom facilities inside Cabin.
- Weapons or objects deemed to be dangerous are prohibited.
- No smoking, or vaping is allowed on Premises.
- Restrictions apply on strollers, prams, large video or photography equipment, suitcases and heavy items.
- Restrictions apply on mobile scooters, motorised and non-motorised wheelchairs.
- No animals or pets except for guide dogs and assistance dogs.
- Restrictions apply on bags and backpacks. Bags smaller than A3 size may be allowed.
- You must have a valid ticket to fly on the Melbourne Star.
Boarding a Cabin
- During normal boarding, Cabins do not stop. It is recommended persons with medical conditions, infirmity or ambulatory difficulties, fear of heights or enclosed spaces do not take the flight.
Please seek the advice of a qualified medical practitioner if uncertain.
- Progress through queue without stopping. Load into next available Cabin. Refusing to board and waiting for own Cabin is not permitted.
- No running is permitted on the Premises.
- Any personal belongings not taken on board the Cabin are left at the Owner’s risk.
- Photography is not allowed whilst boarding or disembarking from the Cabin.
- Cabin capacity is up to 20 persons.
- Cabins will be loaded at the Melbourne Star Staff’s discretion.
- Take care when boarding and disembarking from the Cabin. Be mindful of the step in the Cabin.